Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. If you'd like to help us be the world’s leading major home appliance company, this is your chance.
The Wroclaw location has around 1600 professionals dedicated to standing cooling, built in ovens products. We launched the serial production The Supreme NoFrost platform in Refrigeration Factory (NEO Project)
A person will be responsible for conducting operational activities for a commodity or set of commodities within a region towards financial and quality targets, manage supplier to support project execution, ensure manufacturing operational support and provide critical data to support sourcing strategy, project execution and contract negotiations.
Your tasks in this role will include:
- Supplier Management:
1. Provide performance data to support supplier report card (as needed)
2. Develop risk mitigation plans for suppliers
3. For assigned portfolio manage supplier relationships
4. Is responsible for Procurement related system data entry & management
- Contract Negotiations:
1. Provide data to support regional contract negotiations
2. Lead all regional contracts sign-off for assigned supplier portfolio
- Sourcing Strategy:
1. Provide supplier performance data to support strategy
2. For assigned portfolio lead strategy development
3. Execute the implementation of the regional/global strategy
- Delivery Management - manage escalations:
1. Manage the entire PO process (issuing, updating & closing).
2. 1st level of escalation within Commodity Management team
- Quality, Engineering & Technology Engagement:
1. Recoup financial impacts when an incident occurs.
2. Manage execution against corrective action plan.
3. New Model Introduction - provide input for project management process in line with project timing.
4. Determine regional ESI sourcing plans.
5. Provide data for supplier selection.
6. Award supplier & debrief finalists for the assigned portfolio.
7. Coordinate supplier qualification business audit, (as necessary).
8. Ensure purchase orders are placed for tooling (as needed).
- Cost Reduction:
1. Analyze supplier cost performance data
2. Drive cost reduction projects
3. Be responsible for monthly reporting activities for the commodity/commodities (MPV)
Background and Experiences:
- Masters technical degree or degree in Economics.
- Few years of experience on a buyer position. Multinational company is a plus.
- English is a must, Polish or Italian is a strong asset.
- Availability to travel (driving/flying) minimum one week per month without constrictions.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Teamworking skills.
Candidate must be able to provide employment eligibility to work in a country we recruit for; Neither Relocation and/or Visa assistance provided.
Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centres in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Additional information about the company can be found on LinkedIn, Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp and learn more about career opportunities at Whirlpool at emea.whirlpoolcareers.com
Not Just an Appliance Manufacturer
We are committed to further accelerating our pace of innovation. Consumers are beginning to desire connected appliances, which fit seamlessly into the larger home ecosystem. We are excited to bring new connected technologies to market, including scan-to-cook, voice control, and remote service diagnostics. We’re always looking for new, innovative ways to strengthen our position as a leader and bring purposeful products to market in the emerging loT space.